Office Building at Kunstcampus – 2018

The development of Europacity along southern Heidestrasse will be extended with the new office building. The approximately 60-hectare Europacity project area is located in a central location directly north of Berlin’s main railway station and has optimal infrastructural connections. The environment is characterized above all by prominent political, cultural and economic institutions. Around 70% of the building’s floor area is used by the Federal Association of German Pharmacists Associations (ABDA). In the remaining 30% of the southern section of the building were leased in their entirety to an auditing and consulting firm.

The L-shaped, 8-storey office building is oriented along the western and northern boundary of the property along Heidestraße, the main street of the district that is being built up as a boulevard. It is planned and realized under strict sustainability criteria as a Green Building. The uniform structure and bas-relief of the façade with a large proportion of windows (which is achieved by vertical-looking, yet square windows) creates bright and friendly workplaces inside the building. A quiet, leafy courtyard, aligned to the Rieckhallen of Hamburger Bahnhof, a cantine with café as well as a 300 m² plenary hall and spacious conference areas with adjoining roof terraces create an ensemble of high quality spaces for relaxing and congregation.

Architect : Jan Kleihues

Location : Heidestraße 7, 10557 Berlin

Client : CA Immo Deutschland GmbH

Realization : 2016-2019

GFA : 9.500 m²

Type of use: Office and conference buildings